Keith Fraser, Lecturer
I am currently a van Auken Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Dordick lab.
B.S. in Biology from St. John’s University
M.S. in Biology from St. John’s University
Ph.D. in Biology from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
My research focuses on the development of predictive models for drug discovery. Towards this goal, I am working on leveraging existing biomedical data using cognitive computational tools to identify endpoint markers that can function as predictors for attrition during clinical trials.
- Xia, Y; DiPrimio, N; Keppel, T. R; Vo, B; Fraser, K; Battaile, K. P; Egan, C; Bystroff, C; Lovell, S; Weis, D. D; Anderson, J. C; Karanicolas, J. The designability of protein switches by chemical rescue of structure: Mechanisms of inactivation and reactivation. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2013, 135 (50), pp 18840-18849.
- Rosenman, D. J; Huang, Y .-m; Xia, K; Fraser, K; Jones, V. E; Lamberson, C. M; Van Roey, P; Colón, W; Bystroff, C. (2014). Green-lighting green fluorescent protein: Faster and more efficient folding by eliminating a cis-trans peptide isomerization event. Protein Science. doi: 10.1002/pro.2421
- Kim, So; Zhao, J; Liu, Z; Fraser, K; Lin, L; Zhang, X; Zhang, F; Dordick, J.S; Linhardt, R.J. Interaction of Zika Virus Envelope Protein with Glycosaminoglycans. Biochemistry 2017, 56, 1151-1162.
Crone DE, Huang Y-M, Pitman DJ, Schenkelberg C, Fraser K, Macari S, & Bystroff C. (2013) GFP-based Biosensors State of the Art in Biosensors / Book 1 ISBN 980-953-307-669-5.
- Fraser, K; Saeed, S; Bartelt, D. Hydrogen peroxide generates an increase in mitochondrial matrix free calcium. 26th Fungal Genetics Conference 2010, p192.
- Fraser, K; Bishop, A; Banerjee, S; Miner, J; Buck, P; Bystroff, C. Right handed supersecondary structures and the phone cord effect in silico and in vitro. Protein Science (2012) vol 21, Suppl 1, p137.
- Fraser, K; Pitman, D, Schenkelberg, C; Teets, F; Macari, S; Rosenberg, E; Garreta, L; Rosenman, D; Huang, Y-m; Nayak, S; Banerjee, S; Choi, A; Altschuler, R; Reeder, P; Crone, D.E; Dordick, J.S; Bystroff, C. The folding pathway of leave-one-out green fluorescent protein. Protein Science (2013) vol 22 Suppl, p 241.
- Fraser, K; Lamberson, C; Jones, V; Gilbert, E; Rosenman, D; Huang, Y-m; Pitman, D; Banerjee, S; Xia, Y; Choi, A; Altsuler, R; Garreta, L; Karonicolas, J; Crone, D.E; Dordick, J.S; Bystroff, C. Expanding the GFP toolbox through a better understanding of its folding pathway. Protein Science (2014) vol 23 Suppl 1, p 144.
- Fraser, K; Schenkelberg, C; Banerjee, S; Thornton, C; Lamberson, C.M; Jones, V.E; Choi, A; Altshuler, R; Dordick, J.S; Bystroff, C. Developing Leave One Out GFP based biosensors. Biophysical Journal (2015) vol 108, Issue 2, Supplement 1, p328a.
- Fraser, K; Banerjee, S; Chan, D; Reimertz, J; Wade, N; Crone, E; Miles, M; Gentner, M; Stevens, A; Jenkins, M; Carlin, E; Paul, L; Choi, A; Altschuler, R; Thornton, C; Lamberson, C; Schenkelberg, C.D; Huang, Y-m; Pitman, D.J; Crone, D.E; Dordick, J.S; Michael, S; Bystroff, C. Computational design and screening of leave-one-out green fluorescent protein biosensors for viral targets. Protein Science (2016) volume 25, issue S1, p 50.
- Banerjee, S; Fraser, K; Chan, D, Reimertz, J; Crone, E; Gentner, M; Langan, R; Hempel, P; Lawal, O; Zhang, K; Lamberson, C; Choi, A; Altshuler, R; Schenkelberg, C.D; Huang, Y-m; Rosenman, D; Walcott, B; Pitman, D.J; Crone, D.E; Karanicolas, J; Dordick, J.S; Bystroff, C. Mispacking and the fitness landscape of green fluorescent protein. Protein Science (2016) volume 25, issue S1, p 51.
- van Auken Postdoctoral Fellowship, RPI (2016)
- Rensselaer Graduate Student Professional Meeting Travel Grant (2012, 2014, 2015)
- Finn Wold Travel Award, 28th Annual Symposium of the Protein Society (2014)