Baolin Zhang, Ph.D.
I joined Prof. Dordick’s research group as a visiting research scholar from October 2016 to October 2017. I have a material science background.
Ph.D. Materials Science. Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Shanghai, China, 1997-2000.
M.S. Materials Science. Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Shanghai, China, 1989-1992.
B.S. Department of Materials Science. Lanzhou University, 1985-1989.
Research of Interest
- Materials physics & chemistry.
- Experienced in materials structure design, synthesis and properties.
- Inorganic nanomaterials as MRI contrast agents and their application in rat brains.
- Synthesis of magnetic nanoparticles passing through the blood-brain barrier.
- Cognitive science and Artificial Intelligence.
I work on the characterization of ferritin and the mechanism for the opening of TRIV1 channels in cells by magnetic nanoparticles under magnetic field.
- Pengfei Xu, Zhiwei Shen, Baolin Zhang*, Jun Wang, Renhua Wu**, “Synthesis and characterization of superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles as calcium-responsive MRI contrast agents”. Applied Surface Science, 389 (2016) 560–566.
- Helin Xu, Kaili Mao, Yinping Huang, Jingjing Yang, Jie Xu, Pian-pian Chen, Ziliang Fan, Shuang Zou, Zhengzheng Gao, Jiayu Yin, Jian Xiao, Cuitao Lu, Baolin Zhang** and Yingzheng Zhao*, "Glioma-targeted superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles as drug-carrying vehicles for theranostic effects." Nanoscale, 2016, 8, 14222–14236.
- Yinping Huang, Baolin Zhang*, Songbo Xie, Boning Yang,** Qin Xu and Jie Tan***. “Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles Modified with Tween 80 Pass through the Intact Blood–Brain Barrier in Rats under Magnetic Field”. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8(18): 11336-11341.
- Gao Yang, Weiqiong Ma, Baolin Zhang*, and Qi Xie**. “The labeling of stem cells by superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles modified with PEG/PVP or PEG/PEI”. Materials Science & Engineering C-Materials for Biological Applications, Materials Science and Engineering C 62 (2016) 384–390.
- Gao Yang, Baolin Zhang*, Jun Wang, Songbo Xie, Xuan Li. Synthesis and characterization of poly (lactic acid)-modified superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles[J]. Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 77(2), 335-341, 2016, DOI 10.1007/s10971-015-3858-2.
- Jun Wang, Baolin Zhang*, Lei Wang, Ming Wang, Fabao Gao**, “One-pot synthesis of water-soluble superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles and their MRI contrast effects in the mouse brains”. Materials Science & Engineering C-Materials for Biological Applications, 48 (2015) 416–423.
Awards / Honors
- Excellent Teachers in Colleges and Universities in Guangxi.
Hobbies and Activities
I like playing table tennis and badminton. I enjoy jogging. I like to taste the food that is favored by the local people there.