I’m from Korea. I’ve been in Dr. Dordick group since 2015. My previous work focused on protein engineering application using nanoparticle and self-assembly. Especially cellulase, antibody, svFc fragment.
- 2010, Ph.D. in Bimolecular Engineering, Tohoku University in Japan
Dissertational title: Study on functional advancement of recombinant proteins by cluster effect.
- 2001 M.S. in Chemical Technology, Hanbat National University in Korea
Dissertational title: Studies on the expression of Amyloid (Aβ) peptides using genetic engineering.
- 1999, B.A. in Chemical Technology, Hanbat National University in Korea
My research focuses on developing novel approaches of efficient treatment for biofilm-forming bacteria, antibiotic resistant bacteria, foodborne bacterial pathogens and spore-forming pathogens using specific target bacteria binding domain and nanoparticles.
- Enhancement of cellulolytic enzyme activity by clustering of cellulose binding domain on nanoscaffolds.[Small,7,(2011),656-664] DoMyoung Kim, Mitsuo Umetsu, Kyo Takai, Takashi Matsuyama, Nobuhiro Ishida, Haruo Takahashi, Ryutaro Asano, and Izumi Kumagai
- The assembly of kinesin-based nanotransport systems.[Journal of Applied Physics,112(12),(2012),124703-] Daniel Oliveira, DoMyoung Kim, Mistuo Umetsu, Izumi Kumagai, Tadafumi Adschiri, and Winfried Teizer
- Ionic liquid/water interfacial localization of a green fluorescent protein fused to a tryptophan-rich peptide. [Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering,113(2),(2012),160-165] Takashi Matsuyama, DoMyoung Kim, Mitsuo Umetsu, Taiji Ikawa, Mamoru Yamanishi, Nobuhiro Ishida, Izumi Kumagai, and Haruo Takahashi
- Nanocluster design for the construction of artificial cellulosomes.[Catalysis Science & Technology,2,(2012),499-503] DoMyoung Kim, Hikaru Nakazawa, Mitsuo Umetsu, Takashi Matsuyama, Nobuhiro Ishida, Akinori Ikeuchi, Haruo Takahashi, Ryutaro Asano, and Izumi Kumagai
- Hybrid nanocellulosome design from cellulase modules on nanoparticles: Synergistic effect of catalytically divergent cellulase modules on cellulose degradation activity.[ACS Catalysis,3(6),(2013),1342-1348] Hikaru Nakazawa, DoMyoung Kim, Takeshi Matsuyama, Nobuhiro Ishida, Akinori Ikeuchi, Yuri Ishigaki, Izumi Kumagai, and Mitsuo Umetsu
- Biomass-binding peptides designed by molecular evolution for efficient degradation of cellulose in biomass by cellulase.[Green Chemistry,15,(2013),365-369] Hikaru Nakazawa, Akinori Ikeuchi, DoMyoung Kim, Yuri Ishigaki, Hidetaka Asano, Katsunori Kouda, Izumi Kumagai, and Mitsuo Umetsu
- Production of cellulases by Penicillium sp.in a solid-state fermentation using oil palm empty fruit bunch submitted to Journal of african biotechnology 2013 DoMyoung Kim, EunJi Cho, Ji Won Kim, Yong-Woog Lee,Hwa-Jee Chung
- Surface plasmon resonance analysis of the assembly of kinesin-based nanotransport systems D Oliveira, K Domyoung, M Umetsu, T Adschiri, W Teizer ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 242 2011
- Nanofabrication and Detection of Molecular Shuttles powered by Kinesin Motor Proteins D Oliveira, K Domyoung, M Umetsu, T Adschiri, W Teizer APS Meeting Abstracts 1, 43008 2011
- Construction of Molecular Shuttles Based on Kinesin Motor Proteins and Microtubules D Oliveira, K Domyoung, M Umetsu, T Adschiri, W Teizer MRS Proceedings 1316, mrsf10-1316-qq06-12
PRODUCTION OF CELLULASES BY ASPERGILLUS SP. GDX02 IN A SOLID-STATE FERMENTATION USING OIL PALM EMPTY FRUIT BUNCH H.W. Kim, G.J. Lee, D.M. Kim, Y.W. Lee, Y.S. Kim1, H-J. Chung: springer book series
- Number: 10-2012-0144342
Method for improving saccharification yield of biomass using crude cellulase fixed on silica nanoparticle
- Number: 10-2013-0016129, PCT/KR2013/001178
Method for mass production of cellulase using palm oil byproduct
Awards and Honors
- Japanese Government Scholarship (MONBUKAGAKUSHO：MEXT) 2007-2010
- Biomass and bioenergy journal reviewer (2014~2015)
- Member of Korea evaluation institute of industrial technology (2014~2015)
Hobbies and Activities
Listening to music and playing a Flute and Hiking with my family.