I joined Dr. Dordick’s group in March 2019, right after I finished my Ph.D. program. My previous work focused on the enzyme immobilization and stabilization via nanobiocatalytic approaches for the enzymatic microbial decontamination such as antifouling and biocidal approach, as well as glucose oxidase-based biofuel cell application.
2020, Ph.D. in Chemical and Biological Engineering, Korea University, Republic of Korea (Prof. Jungbae Kim)
Dissertation: Development of Nanobiocatalytic Materials using Glucose Oxidase for Biofuel Cell and Antibacterial Applications
2010, B.S. in Chemical and Biological Engineering, Korea University, Republic of Korea (Prof. Jungbae Kim)
My current research project focuses on the protein-based microbial decontamination and detection of pathogenic bacteria.
- Inseon Lee, Hong Jae Cheon, Manab Deb Adhikari, Tai Duc Tran, Kyung-Min Yeon, Moon Il Kim and Jungbae Kim, “Glucose oxidase-copper hybrid nanoflowers embedded with magnetic nanoparticles as an effective antibacterial agent”, Int. J. Biol. Macromol (in press, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2019.11.129).
- Byoung Chan Kim, Inseon Lee, Seok-Joon Kwon, Youngho Wee, Ki Young Kwon, Chulmin Jeon, Hyo Jin An, Hee-Tae Jung, Su Ha, Jonathan S. Dordick and Jungbae Kim, “Fabrication of enzyme-based coatings on intact multi-walled carbon nanotubes as highly effective electrodes in biofuel cells”, Sci. Rep. 7, 40202 (2017) [equally contributed author].
- Kie Moon Woo, Inseon Lee, Sung-Gil Hong, Sunhyung An, Jinwoo Lee, Euichaul Oh and Jungbae Kim, “Crosslinked chitosan coating on magnetic mesoporous silica with pre-adsorbed carbonic anhydrase for carbon dioxide conversion”, Chem. Eng. J., 276, 232-239 (2015) [equally contributed author].
- Young Hyun Kim, Inseon Lee, Sung Hee Choi, Ok Kyung Lee, Jungbae Kim, and Eun Yeol Lee, "Nanoimmobilization of marine epoxide hydrolase of Mugil cephalus for repetitive enantioselective resolution of racemic styrene oxide in aqueous buffer", J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 13, 2266-2271 (2013) [equally contributed author].
- Young Hyun Kim, Inseon Lee, Sung Hee Choi, Ok Kyung Lee, Jongmin Sim, Jinwoo Lee, Jungbae Kim, and Eun Yeol Lee, "Enhanced stability and reusability of marine epoxide hydrolase shipped-in-a-bottled into magnetically-separable mesoporous silica", J. Mol. Catal. B: Enzym., 89, 48-51 (2013) [equally contributed author].
- Hyeongseok Kim, Inseon Lee, Yongchai Kwon, Byoung Chan Kim, Su Ha, Jung-heon Lee, and Jungbae Kim, "Immobilization of glucose oxidase into polyaniline nanofiber matrix for biofuel cell applications", Biosens. Bioelectron., 26, 3908-3913 (2011) [equally contributed author].